who = Design+Architecture Rockhampton, QLD, 4700 provide modern and alternative design services to a premium group of clients throughout rural Queensland and based in Rockhampton. We have no standard designs, we provide original and unique design and documentation services to each project, striving to keep abreast with the latest construction techniques.
Design Architecture Practice has experience in a wide variety of developments, including Commercial, Residential, Industrial Buildings and Commercial interiors to name a few. Our considerations of innovative planning, sensitive site response, cost effectiveness, practicality and sustainability, ensure successful and user friendly project outcomes.
Boutique architecture and interior studio with a modern, alternative and dynamic director, Colin Strydom. Colin has been actively involved in the Central Queensland area since 2008 and started Design+Architecture in August of 2013. Colin is a registered architect with an Architecture and Interior Design degree and more than a decade of experience in Architecture, Interior Design and urban planning. Colin grew up in vibrant and colourful South Africa (don’t hold this against him) and love to travel and learn from all cultures and build spaces around the world.
where = Currently based at 29 East Street (Above Century 21, across World Gym) Rockhampton, Queensland with a focus on all areas of Central Queensland including Rockhampton, Yeppoon, Gracemere, Mackay, Biloela, Blackwater, Emerald and beyond!
philosophy = Design+Architecture has a passion for the region and people. A general philosophy that any project and/or budget can benefit and be enhanced by proper architectural expertise. Relationships are more important than the project.
qualities = professionalism, approachable, alternative, practical, creative, innovative, logical, out-of-the-box, colourful, modern, back-to-basics, community orientated.
principles = archetypes, symbolism, sacred geometry, form, function, inspiration, golden triangle. Design+Architecture’ s pixilated logo symbolizes connectivity between various different colours, ideas, people and spaces. From the smallest insect to a city block, all spaces have to be functional individually but also work in balance in the bigger picture.
parterships = Design+Architecture work in partnership with other Architectural firms, Building Designers and Drafters based all around Queensland. We also have a close working relationship with other professions including Town Planners, Engineers, Landscape Architects, local builders and suppliers.
scope of work =
- master planning
- town planning drawings
- design development
- building approval drawings
- working drawings
- liaison with clients
- contractors & community
- facilitating tenders
- project administration
- colour & interior consultancy
- landscape designs
- urban planning
- WORKING = COMMERCIAL + NEW&RENOVATIONS + END-USER
- LIVING = RESIDENTIAL + HOUSES + UNIQUE
- SHED = INDUSTRIAL + WAREHOUSE + FUNCTIONAL
- LEARNING = EDUCATION + CHILDCARE + EXPLORE
- OUTDOOR = LANDSCAPE DESIGN + URBAN PLANNING + PLAY
- INSIDE = INTERIOR + FIT OUT + SPACE PLANNING
- MULTI-LIVING = HIGH RESIDENTIAL + UNITS + COMMUNITY
- MODULAR = PREFABRICATED + RESEARCH + ALTERNATIVE
- BIG PICTURE = MASTER PLANNING + CONCEPTS + PROBLEM SOLVING
Also the following:
- Charity & Community Projects with worthy charity and NGO groups
- Tourism & Resort
- Retail & Tenancy Fit outs
- Rural projects in the vast outback of Queensland
- MCU & Town Planning Application Drawings in conjunction with private Town Planners